Arena Investors, LP
We are a global investment firm and merchant capital provider that seeks to generate attractive, risk-adjusted and uncorrelated returns by investing in a highly diversified portfolio across the entire credit spectrum in areas where conventional sources of capital are scarce. We are seeking a talented individual to join our Private Credit / Illiquid team in Singapore.
The successful candidate will be expected to originate, evaluate and execute investment ideas and manage deal processes throughout Asia, in all illiquid asset classes including but not limited to corporate credit, real estate and structured finance among others. Our investments are typically complex, flexibly structured, geographically / industry agnostic and usually considered to be “non-traditional” or “esoteric” illiquid middle market positions. The firm follows an investment process that is fundamentals driven and capitalizes upon “process driven wrinkles,” “mis-perceived risk” and other “special situations” in order to generate superior risk-adjusted returns. The successful candidate will have experience in all illiquid asset classes on a Pan-Asian basis. Arena has a flexible, multi-strategy investment mandate to directly originate and execute corporate, structured finance, real estate and natural resources investments. Transaction sizes typically range from $10 to $50 million.
Responsibilities & Duties:
• Actively market, source and develop new relationships and source transactions from intermediaries, sponsors and directly with borrowers.
• Develop unique investment ideas and evaluate new industries for potential investments
• Screen new transactions, prepare, issue, negotiate and execute term sheets
• Build operating models, perform valuation analysis, financial analysis and conduct industry research
• Lead and attend management meetings, financial and accounting advisors on process management, diligence, structuring and negotiations with borrowers
• Prepare and present comprehensive investment memoranda and investment committee materials
• Contribute the Asian investment platform and office, including team and organization
• The ideal candidate must be entrepreneurial, energetic and technically proficient. Must have the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
• Experience in direct and secondary private credit investing within corporate, real estate, and various forms of structured finance
• Minimum of 10 to 15 years of leveraged finance experience, including 5 to 7 years of asset and credit investing experience, preferably in middle market companies.
• Preferred, but not required, a JD and/or an MBA with a finance focus, demonstrating superior academic achievements and 10+ years of global principal investing experience
• Fluent or conversant in at least 2 languages
• We are seeking a candidate that is self-motivated, ambitious and has a high energy level