Our company is a leading investment firm that creates risk-adjusted returns for its investors across a wide variety of fundamentals-based, credit focused investment opportunities around the world. We are seeking a talented individual to join our illiquid credit team.
Working closely with the Managing Director and Vice President of the Corporate Private Credit team in New York, the successful candidate will be expected to evaluate, analyze and execute investment opportunities. The person will primarily focus on underwriting unitranche, first lien, second lien and other credit-related investment opportunities in private equity sponsored and non-sponsored transactions, including in-depth analysis on the company and industry.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Perform comprehensive business due diligence, build financial models, perform valuation analysis, financial analysis and conduct industry research.
· Prepare and present comprehensive investment memoranda and investment committee materials.
· Attend management meetings, work with legal, financial and accounting advisors on process management, diligence and structuring.
· Participate in portfolio company monitoring and post-closing events.
· While most Associates will remain with the firm for two years before moving on to business school or other opportunities, Associates who demonstrate strong performance may be considered to remain with the firm.
· The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented and hard-working, with a minimum 1-2 years of investment banking and/or leverage finance experience (credit knowledge and/or experience is a plus).
· We are looking for a person who is self-motivated and has a high energy level.
· The candidate must possess superior analytical, organizational, and communication skills, and be able to work and thrive in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
· Strong academic performance.