Arena’s Corporate Securities team based in the London office are looking to expand the investment team through the addition of a junior analyst (max 1-2 years’ prior investment or finance experience).
The Corporate Securities team has a very flexible mandate with a truly sector- and geography-agnostic approach. They broadly consider credit investment opportunities in the public securities or traded credit spaces, as well as direct origination opportunities that offer sufficiently attractive risk-adjusted returns.
In the role, the individual will support the senior members of the team. Ideal candidates will have a demonstrated interest in finance and investing; thrive in an intense, team-oriented environment; and have a highly organised, self-motivated, and resourceful personality.
Day to day responsibilities will be varied, but will typically include:
· Performing business due diligence and financial analysis of target investment companies.
· Building financial models, performing valuation, capital structure and cashflow analysis, and conducting industry research.
· Preparing daily reports and market screens to assist with monitoring the universe for potential investments.
· Preparing and presenting comprehensive memo-style investment memoranda and investment committee materials to assist with ongoing analysis of potential investment opportunities.
· Participating in portfolio company monitoring and post-closing events.
· Helping to screen / identify attractive opportunities for further due diligence, including direct company outreach via e-mail.