Pacific Production Services
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Company: Pacific Production Services
Location: Los Angeles
Pacific Production Services is a leading film permitting company dedicated to providing comprehensive services to location managers serving the film and entertainment industry. We specialize in facilitating seamless film shoots by managing permits, locations, and logistics. We are currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Accounting Manager to join our accounting team and play a critical role in supporting our operations and financial success.
As an Accounting Manager at Pacific Production Services, you will lead and manage the accounting and financial functions within our specialized industry. You will oversee month-end close, financial reporting, cash flow management, and compliance to ensure our operations run smoothly. This position requires a strong understanding of finance in the context of the film industry and excellent organizational and leadership skills. This position reports to the CFO.
1. Oversee all aspects of financial operations, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and compliance with relevant accounting standards and industry-specific requirements.
2. Manage a team of accounting professionals, providing leadership, guidance, and training to ensure efficient and effective performance.
3. Develop, monitor, and manage financial budgets and forecasts tailored to the unique needs of film permitting and location management.
4. Prepare and analyze financial statements, reports, and financial metrics to provide insights and recommendations for strategic decision-making related to film permitting operations.
5. Monitor and manage cash flow, accounts payable, and accounts receivable to optimize working capital and financial stability, considering the seasonal and project-based nature of the film industry.
6. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve financial processes, systems, and reporting to enhance efficiency and accuracy in line with the specific requirements of the film permitting industry.
7. Ensure compliance with tax regulations, including timely preparation and submission of tax filings and payments, considering industry-specific tax incentives and credits.
8. Implement and enforce financial policies, procedures, and internal controls to maintain a high level of financial integrity and minimize risk specific to film permitting operations.
9. Liaise with external auditors and regulatory authorities to facilitate audits and compliance reviews, considering the specialized financial transactions and activities in the film permitting industry.
10. Stay informed about industry trends, best practices, and changes in accounting regulations specific to the film and entertainment industry to ensure compliance and drive continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA designation preferred.
- Proven experience (5+ years) in accounting or financial management, preferably within the film, entertainment, or related industry.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, and budgeting, with a focus on the unique aspects of film permitting operations.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and a strong commitment to accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of industry-specific regulations and compliance requirements related to film permitting and entertainment is a plus.